Saturday, April 24, 2004

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
-Kurt Vonnegut

So I spent my Friday night doing what any normal 24-year old single young man would do:
I stayed home and read Mother Night.

Which is a most excellent book, as is every other Vonnegut book I have read. You should read them too.
I won't say anything about the story for those who have not read it but I do want to quote from the text.
(Don't worry-no spoilers)
From Mother Night pg. 190:

"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting...but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God Almighty hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on his side. It's that part of every man that finds all kinds of ugliness so attractive."

Something to remember in these times.
Hi ho!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?