Friday, May 21, 2004

Today is A Glorious Day

Of course, they all are, but I'm feelin' really good today so first, the news:
George W. Bush: War Criminal? Read this article from the NYTIMES and let that marinate for a minute. The article says that the Justice Department and White House lawyers were trying to figure out how to save Bush administration officials from being prosecuted as war criminals by using such sneaky tactics such as drafting memorandums like these:

"Another memorandum from the Justice Department advises officials to create a situation in which they could plausibly claim that abused prisoners were never in United States custody.

That memorandum, whose existence was acknowledged by two former officials, noted that it would be hard to ward off an allegation of torture or inhuman treatment if the prisoner had been transferred to another country from American custody. International law prohibits the "rendition" of prisoners to countries if the possibility of mistreatment can be anticipated.

The former officials said that memorandum was explicit in advising that if someone were involved in interrogating detainees in a manner that could cross the line into torture or other prohibited treatment, that person could claim immunity only if he or she contended that the prisoner was never in United States custody." (spotted at Counterspin). As Hesiod (the blogger of Counterspin) notes: The Bush administration cannot lose this legal argument or else they open themselves up to War Crimes prosecution.

Of course, we all know that the justice system is a system of anything but justice, so I doubt we will see Bush and Cheney in the Netherlands on trial but damn, doesn't that just feel like a little bit of sunshine? Imagine Dubya in prison. Maybe if we all do it will happen.

Seems as though the media and the rest of this country are slowly realizing what a corrupt and immoral administration we have occupying the White House.
Look here, here, here, here and here.
I would like to take this moment to award them the chiseven official "WORST PRESIDENT/ADMINISTRATION EVER" award. Your competition with the Harding Administration was a close-fought battle, but your latest torture escapades nudged you to the front.
Congratulations.

In lighter news, now that Dubya is fuckin' up on a regular basis,some news organizations have decided to show how much his little daughters are screwin around too.
Peep this:
way to go ladies! (make sure you scroll down...it's a picture...you'll see it.)

Andy Kaufman is still dead. This week, someone popped up with a blog claiming to be Andy Kaufman. Sounded good for a minute, but really, the facts didn't add up. Check the link to cut to the chase.

Does anyone care about Lenny Kravitz anymore? I saw him on TV last night rockin' some girly haircut (and this is from a man with a foot-long ponytail)singing some other "yeah yeah yeah" song...which is soooo different than his other (s)hits. Uh-sure. me thinks he's been hittin Nicole Kidman for too long which will make any man strange. Probably got him thinkin' 'bout joining her Scientology cult. Works for me as long as I don't have to see either of them.

Head on over to byroncrawford.com and enjoy the man at work. For my money, he's killin' it over there. As a bonus, scroll down and peep John Kerry's daughter and her chest. As Milo from MoCAsh noted,she does have a gas-face-able grill, but hell, I don't ever see the twins poppin out in support of their pops. Plus, anytime I can see that sort of thing at work and not get caught is great. So if you are at work, click on the link when yo boss ain't around. And if he is, pull him in and he might like it.

Ol' Ted Rall is still chillin' despite American idiots claiming that his cartoon is "treason." Check his blog out for details. A cartoon as treason? Sounds like somebodys got too much time on their hands.

Check this dude's blog out. He's a first year public school teacher in Chicago. Stop by and wish him luck.

As usual, Matt Taibbi continues to be my favorite columnist with columns like this.

In personal news, I was chillin' alone at the pad on Wednesday when I got a call from some old friends (Terri, Brandi and Dave) who said they were gonna drop by after they got done with some wack hip-hop show in Broad Ripple. So they did, and I was (as usual) cooked, but quite accomidating, considering I played them 3 new beats I had made. Anywhoo, 10 minutes after arriving these bitches damn near passed out. So, I figured out why I ain't kickin with more ladies:
I make bitches fall asleep. And I'm pretty sure that ain't a good thing.
If I didn't know these ladies for the last 10 years or so I woulda tried wakin them up with the SHOCKER (AKA The Shark Hand). Man, I betta start takin' some tips from RnB/Southern Crunk songs or something. *sigh* Time to start gettin my freak on I guess.

And finally, my boy Joe hits me up with his take on popular music these days:

"On unrelated matters I was taking Codie to the airport in Sacto, on the ride
back I found myself becoming drowsey with the soothing sounds of the public
radio jazz o' snooze fest, so I excercised my god given right as an american
and swtched over to the whiz-bang world of commerical tunes. As I flipped
from christian funk to mexican polka to indigo girls and the tallented touch
of Joe Satriani(?), the fickle ball of my roulette-esque fancy stopped upon
the "96.7 hottest mix of rap and R&B". I proceeded to have my jaw drop at
the complete and utter lack of tallent in this pervasive sector of music
sales. Pete Pablo's girl's asses hit me with thier gyrating freak-a-leek
and sent me careening into a song that touts the vitrues of Marvin Gaye,
Teddy Pendergrass, and Luther Vandross's ability to get the ladies swooning
and spoonin'. It had touching moments like this "I'm Gonna put on some
Luther Vandross, and you're gonna take your pants off." Ahh, song writing
has gone from making music about bang'n to making music about how those
other guy's made music about bang'n. Brilliant."

Indeed.
Ouro.
*BAMF*


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?