Thursday, December 09, 2004

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
One of the greatest guitarists of all time.


And he was killed on the 24th anniversary of John Lennon's murder. Strange.
Either way, this sucks. No one deserves to be shot onstage while playing guitar.
Except maybe, John Mayer.
But either way, the 17-year-old metalhead in me is reeeeal down right now. See, my step-brother was always tryin to get me into metal with like Danzig and shit, but I never really appreciated metal until I heard Pantera. It was loud, fast and pissed-off, so it was great to listen to when I was pissed at the world and full of angst. And even after I stopped hating the world I could still apprecciate me some Pantera. I think I saw them like 5-6 times in concert when they came through in the 90's and they never failed to dissappoint. They'd play for 2-3 hours and just rock until I thought my neck would snap right off. And the home-videos these dudes made we're ridiculous-it was just them getting real high or drunk or both and breaking whatever they saw in between rockin' shows on tour. Their debauchery certainly inspired my own. I'd like to think that my "walkin'-on-cars-while-I'm-drunk" routine was in the spirit of Pantera and Dimebag, though I could never really be as hard-core as they were. *sigh* Either way, humanity just lost one of the greatest guitarists ever. Sorry to be serious for a minute here but maaan this sucks. I'm gonna go play some Pantera and drink whiskey until I throw up.
Goddamn you Columbus Ohio. What the fuck is wrong with you people?
RRRRRAHHHHH!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?